Tuesday 6 March 2012

One of the UK’s biggest individual Lotto winners

We remind you of one of the individuals who have won massive jackpots in the National Lotteries Lotto game and gone public.

Matthew Breach, who was a truck driver living in Battle East Sussex last March when he matched all six numbers on a Wednesday draw. The jackpot had rolled over for the previous draws and had reach £17,799,986. At the time it gave Matthew the UK’s 20th highest lottery win, including EuroMillions, and one of only a few that had gone public.

At the time Matthew had only just become a single man after splitting from his partner of fourteen years three years earlier. Matthew had recently joined an online dating site in the hope of finding his Miss Right. After winning almost £18million I imagine it didn’t take him much time before he was inundated with potential suitors.

When being interviewed after his win, Matthew’s mum said  ’It’s a shame he doesn’t have anyone to share it with. But I’ve told him “If you get a woman now you’ll have to get a pre-nup”.
Matthew was no longer in a rush to find love. Matthew said: “If it happens, it happens. I’m quite happy as I am.”


As a truck driver Matthew was regularly having to get up a early as 4am in the morning to start work. When interviewed after his win and asked what his favourite hobby was, Matthew unsurprisingly admitted it was sleeping. Matthew said “My first treat was a lie-in after six years of 5am starts”.

“There is definitely no more getting up at silly o’clock for me”.

“But I hope it doesn’t change me too much. I’ll be the same old Matt. I don’t want too big a house because it’s just me, I don’t want to rattle around in it.”

Matthew had only decided to buy a lottery ticket for that particular draw on a whim after popping into a shop to buy a pint of milk. He must have felt like the cat who got the cream after his chance purchase.

We hope that Matthew did find the girl of his dreams and that he didn’t regret going public

No comments:

Post a Comment